Right up front give your readers what they want, information.
Show your readers an image that grabs hooks them from the beginning.
- Introduce your main character and make the reader care.
- Show the reader who your characters are by their actions.
- Make them care not only about who your MC is, but who they will become.
- Help your readers connect with your character.
- What’s happening to the characters, or their surroundings? (Jump right into the action.)
- What are they thinking or saying? (Don’t censor them. When people think no one hears them, in their head.)
- What is plausible? At least give your story some realism and believability.
- Something interesting might happen, but for the story to hook your readers, what is happening must affect the characters.
- Where are your characters? Are they coming or going? (Literally or emotionally…
View original post 379 more words